Financial Planning Administrator
Job Type: Permanent / Full Time
A rare opportunity has become available for an experienced administrator to join one of the UK’s most dynamic Chartered Wealth Management Firms at their Fleet location.
Applications are encouraged from candidates with experience of working in a financial advice environment, who are keen to develop a lasting career.
- To check new business cases prior to submission ensuring forms are completed correctly and all relevant documents included for pension, investment and life office providers.
- To submit all new business to life, pension and investment offices within 24 working hours (compliance sing off permitted), cases loaded and an introductory call or letter/email to the client.
- The use of secure email, passwords and portal/Wealth Platform for data sensitive client/provider communication
- Ensure naming convention is adhered to and documents are stored in correct folders.
- Daily self-management and prioritisation of own pipeline cases, incoming work and requirements of advisers, clients and the administration team.
- Daily fund movements and trades to be actioned within 24 hours of receipt and prioritised accordingly.
- Cases diarised with correct level of priority applicable to individual case; be pro-active completing all chase ups. Inform adviser, client and introducer (where appropriate) of all progress.
- Full client fact find detail to be accurately loaded on to database and data to be kept up to date at all times including addresses, plan status, diary activities, client agreements.
- Daily incoming post to be actioned efficiently using the correct naming convention and advisers kept informed of declined business/ increased life assurance premiums, problems arising etc.
- Where applicable ensure cheques, ID documentation or legal documents are kept in the safe overnight when being held and updating the register when placed in and subsequently removed from the safe.
- Checking that all investments, pensions, assurance plans have been set up correctly and providing clients with valuations and policy documents as appropriate.
- Produce accurate portfolio valuations in time for client reviews where appropriate.
- Submit and follow up on letters of authority and change of agency forms, ensuring all documentation required for pension reviews and transfers are obtained and provided to the Adviser or Paraplanner.
- Obtain pension, investment, annuity, PHI and group life quotations/projections/information when required.
- Obtain surrender values and submit papers to providers to surrender policies, ensuring all compliance requirements are strictly adhered to including all registers, forms and suitability letters.
- Occasional booking of client meetings on the adviser’s behalf should they require.
- Ensure all cases are put on risk on the database immediately when cover has been affected, investments/pensions set up.
- When cases have been completed, to follow procedures for complying the client card, including updating the database, setting end of rate/client review diary activities, client satisfaction questionnaire diary note, etc.
- Answer incoming telephone calls when Reception are unable to take the call and pass on relevant messages to Reception to handle or direct to Adviser.
- Making drinks for clients and visitors when asked by supervisor/senior.
- Develop good communication skills with advisers and clients making sure that the adviser is aware of any changes in circumstances, which will affect service/business being provided.
- Maintaining a professional manner at all times when speaking to clients and providers.
- Ensuring that monthly pipeline meetings are arranged and attended, and each case individually checked.
- To observe/abide by company compliance instructions at all times and follow administrative processes thoroughly and accurately.
- Assist other members of the team, ad hoc tasks, and build a good level of rapport.